| Home | | Style | | Social Media | | Me |

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Night In

As I've wrapped up the last few weeks of one commitment or another I celebrated with a much deserved night in. Yes yes, my 28th birthday was just last week and while my body ages my behavior has seemed to age as well. I mean, I used to spend every spare night dancing or show-hopping. What an old lady I have become. 

I have found myself shrugging off my staying-in tendencies as if embarrassed with a joke about my age or (gasp!) "do I have walking pneumonia?!" No, I don't.  But lately, I've been learning a lot of what it really means to burn the candle at both ends. So all of that has me wondering . . . is there anything to be ashamed of?

The last two weeks saw a half marathon, my birthday, my little sister's wedding celebrations, a lot of hard work at the office, and my regular commitments. I've neglected things like the gym, my hobbies, writing on this here blog, and healthy eating. A few nights to reset and rest might really just be what the doctor ordered. And working restful evenings back into my weekly schedule feels like a must right about now.

Still... a small part of me cringes at the thought of getting old and boring so here again, I'm attempting to find a healthy balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment