| Home | | Style | | Social Media | | Me |

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Social Media Age




How true is that these days?!

After reading this article not only do I feel I have had an excellent look into the entitlement generation, but I have been so utterly disappointed with ignorant thoughts regarding social media marketing. After spending years perfecting marketing through different social media channels it is a complete laugh that someone would contend it is as simple as an generation who "gets it". I've been wondering if introducing my career would be appropriate here and I guess there is nothing like giving it a try to find out. So, if you like, I have decided to share with you guys a little of what I know of social media marketing.

I am a social media marketing manager for an online media company. I've been in the industry for quite some time and have worked with many different companies. I believe I have gained a bit of wisdom over the years. I, like Cathryn, grew up in the social media age (though I'm a little older than her age cutoff) and it has taken years to learn what really really works. There are a lot of things I would like to say to the college senior who wrote the above article, but I will save those frustrated outbursts for a later date ;)

I will be posting some thoughts or advice every so often. There's a brand new Social Media tab on my main blog page that all these posts will be catagorized into. Feel free to visit and share with me your thoughts, questions, stories, or more! I would love to hear!


1 comment:

  1. perhaps one of the most potent holes in this article is the fact that the writer does not offer any concrete media campaign examples were a younger age was of a huge advantage or that the "elderly" thirtysomethings messed up. Ignorant blanket statements, yay?

    ReplyDelete