| Home | | Style | | Social Media | | Me |

Friday, August 17, 2012

A Confession



Hello from the girl who has worn the same striped shirt for days and has yet to put makeup on. I have a confession.

In a swift punch of irony -  I (along with my entire department) was laid off recently. Which is why I've been working from home a lot lately. I loved my job and the people I worked with and it hurt surprising much to be let go due to cut backs. It hurt kind of like a breakup with a long-term boyfriend hurts, and that surprised me. I have also been writing and planning and biting my nails for this blog for ages, and now I'm not working! Have I lost my credentials now that I'm out from behind my desk and on the job hunt? At first I thought yes, but as I have stopped wallowing (I was being serious cry baby) I've realized that I am still very qualified to write about this. Job hunting or gainfully employed, I'm still a professional. And lay-offs are just a part of the corporate world.

So here I sit, with the plans to move forward with even more time on my hands to boot. This is a part of the growing professional process, isn't it?

Have you ever been laid off? How did you cope with the news?


No comments:

Post a Comment